Pages

Monday, September 9, 2013

We're back!

Hooray, internet connection! Whew, I've been going crazy!

Kai is doing better than he was when we first got here. There's only been one more incident of wandering, which very nearly got him hit by a car, but yay for Uncle David and very quick reflexes! He starts school in a couple weeks-our very first IEP meeting is on Thursday! Yikes!

Taryn is walking now. He toe walks, and needs glasses, but other than that, Mr. Byrd is doing great!

There's really not much changed, and yet so much at the same time.

We've had a run of bad luck since we got here. First my car broke down. Then we were robbed. Most recently, Taryn had strep and Kai had scarlet fever. If it's not one thing, man, it's another!

My biggest irritant? Insurance. DCF says they have received a rejection letter from SSI, that Kai no longer receives SSI and is thus ineligible for their health insurance. SSI says they have no idea what DCF is talking about. Meanwhile, I just forked out $32 for amoxicillin and owe over $500 for the ER visit for him. Grrr.

We've been working with CARD services here in Lake County. We love our CARD rep! She's truly a God send. Finally, someone who understands why I do not want Kai on medication at this time and is not trying to change my mind.

Our GFCF diet is going well-it's not as expensive as I'd been lead to believe it would be, AND we've found some yummy recipes we love!

Alrighty, that's my update for now! Be back to report on our IEP meeting on Thursday! Thanks to anyone who has been reading this little blog of mine; it's good to have a place to vent to, whether anyone reads it or not, but I am floored to see people reading it! (We're really not all that interesting!)

No comments:

Post a Comment